5 Reasons to Implement a Guard Tour System
Companies and security managers use guard tour systems to ensure their businesses are as safe as possible. Guard tour systems are also used for accountability purposes. It is crucial to any security operation that all parties involved meet the requirements delegated to them by those who are above them in the hierarchical security structure of their respective organizations.
To get the maximum value out of security officers, it is imperative that business operations provide themselves a bit of insurance by implementing a guard tour system. Doing so will ultimately allow managers and executives alike to have the peace of mind that comes with knowing their properties’ security operations are being run by a systemized approach to security management, which can be monitored with a guard tour system.
If you’re still not convinced, perhaps these reasons will shed a bit of light on why you need to seriously consider implementing a guard tour system today.
- If your officers know their activities are being monitored, chances are they’ll make their rounds as scheduled for fear of disciplinary measures from their managers.
- Recorded guard activity is vital for not only accountability, but also insurance. If something unexpected happens, you can protect yourself with records from a guard tour system.
- Technology used in guard tour systems often requires a point-and-touch method of recording guard data. With this kind of ease of use, it’s clear that there should be no burden on the part of the guards to learn anything complicated.
- Ease of access to records is important for managers. No one wants to spend time sifting through a bunch of paper logs to make sure their guards were where they were supposed to be at certain times. Electronic guard tour systems, like ours here at Patrol Scan, give managers an easy-to-operate interface that contains a veritable electronic wealth of guard data.
- The overall performance of your security staff will be immediately improved with the implementation of a guard tour system – and that’s not just a line. The information provided by guard tour systems provides hard, measurable data than can be analyzed.
If your company is interested in tying up its security loose ends, or if you need more accountability on your security staff, give us a call today to inquire about a free trial of our security guard tour system. Here at Patrol Scan, we emphasize efficiency, accountability and ease of use. Check out our website for more information about the solutions our guard tour systems offer security managers and business owners.